The American Carbon Society Carbon Journal
The Carbon Journal was founded by The American Carbon Society and is published by Elsevier. The Editor-in-Chief is Mauricio Terrones.
Carbon is an international multidisciplinary forum for communicating scientific advances in the field of carbon materials and carbon nanomaterials.
The journal reports significant new findings related to the formation, structure, properties, behaviors, and technological applications of carbons, which are a broad class of ordered or disordered solid phases composed primarily of elemental carbon.
These materials can be either synthetic or of natural origin, and include, but are not limited to, graphene and graphene-oxide, carbon nanotubes, carbon fibers and filaments, graphite, porous carbons, pyrolytic carbon, glassy carbon, carbon black, diamond and diamond-like carbon, fullerenes, and chars.
Papers on composites will be considered if the carbon component is a major focus of the paper’s scientific content.
Papers on organic substances may be considered if they are precursors for such carbon materials.
Relevant application areas for carbon materials include, but are not limited to, electronic and photonic devices, structural and thermal applications, smart materials and systems, energy storage and conversion, catalysis, environmental protection, and biology and medicine…. More >>.
The American Carbon Society actively encourages our Members to submit their work for publication in Carbon.
To sign up for alerts from the Carbon Journal, follow these step-bystep instructions:
1. Visit the Carbon Journal Home page: https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/carbon.
2. Click on the menu option “Articles & Issues”, then “Sign in to set up alerts”.
3. You will be guided to a sign in page. If you have an account, sign in using your registered email address (using the reset password function if required). If you don’t have an account, enter your email address, and you will be taken to a registration page.
4. Once you have signed in, you can return to the journal Home page and navigate again to the “Articles & Issues” menu, where you will see that the menu option now reads “Set up journal alerts”. Click on this.
5. A pop-up window will appear, where you can then choose to sign up for either “Table of contents” or “Articles in press” (or both). Click save, and a confirmation message will appear. You can also then choose to visit your “manage my alerts page”, which can be helpful if you plan to sign up for multiple journal alerts.
To Join The American Carbon Society Register Here
Existing Members May Login To Our Membership Area Here